Monday, July 9, 2018

Cornscateous Air is Everywhere

Cornscateous Air is Everywhere. The Hub Radio Show for Monday July 9, 2018. View the completely loamy playlist for 7-9-18 (CLICK HERE)

Luluc, Saintseneca, Eric Bachmann , The Milk Carton Kids

My, my, sniff that cornscateous air. I suppose it smells like money to farmers and like heavenly food to sweet-corn lovers. But that air is hot, humid and heavy and makes air conditioning my constant companion. “Cornscateous” (pronounced “corn SKAY shuss”) is really a word if you believe the Old Farmer’s Almanac. I tried to look it up in my 1971 dictionary and my 2009 edition, and the word isn’t there. The old almanac makers dreamed it up, I figure, and used it to signify a time in July when the air is damp and warm, which the farmers considered ideal for growing corn. Keep smilin’, folks, it looks good on you.

No comments:

Post a Comment